Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I will sleep tonight

Hello my dear internet,
It is a bit late for me right now. I stayed up quite late last night and woke up early to work on this new piece. I really wanted to finish it so it was worth it. Tomorrow starts painting 3 of the Monotone series. The first one was Jaded, the second was Aristocrat and now we move onto Birthday. I have had this idea for a while so finally getting to work on it is quite exciting. I already have the sketch done so tomorrow we go to canvas! Hooray!
I found a really great art store this past weekend called Sterlings. I had never heard of it, but it was a giant warehouse filled with everything from architectual tools to furniture to buy one get one free canvases! So of course, I left with six... If you are in the Orange County area, I would definitely check it out. They are a local business and have the human being discount(%25 off your order on anything, anytime), why would you give your money to anyone else?
Alright, so my hand is hurting and I am falling asleep. Onto the linking...
This one will enlarge when clicked on b/c I made it pretty big and I lost a lot of detail shrinking. I also have decided to start signing on everything. I can't really say anything if people want to print my work on their own. I just want them to know it came from somewhere. I am flattered that they would take the time to print and display my work actually. I feel that helps me b/c they are sharing and it they obviously loved it enough to want to look at it all the time. I am an advocate of piracy. I believe it helps the artists, but that is another discussion for when I am not so tired.


1 comment:

Timb said...

wow that's amazing! great colors and wicked use of layer depth.