Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Day After

Yesterday (which was my birthday) was such a fantastic day!! If you go to Six Flags, (I went to magic mountain) I definitely reccommend going on a weekday. I had the whole park to myself, yet I still couldn't make every ride. I love amusement parks and the more extreme the coasters the better. I went on my first standing and laying flat roller coaster. They will do anything now to change it up. One case of a trying too hard is X2 though. They wanted a 5th dimension experience so they added fire, sound and rotating seats. While this SOUNDS amazing, it really wasn't. It was too rough on numerous occasions where I just got a headache and the "sound" was just about every clip that WB has the rights to mashed into an intro with a badly syned Metallica song. Besides that, every other coaster was a thrill and it all ended with strawberry topped funnel cake.

My mom was in this past weekend, so I didn't get to do the finishing touches on the latest painting, but now ... HERE IT IS!!!
I don't know what to call it, but I have decided that this will be the last painting of a series that I will now be starting tomorrow. I have a better idea of how much time I need to paint each one so I am going to make it a 6 painting series not including this one. I do not like talking about work before it is done, so the subject matter and discussion will need to wait, but as always I am excited.

2 comments:

Timb said...

that's an amazing piece! keep up the great work xoxo

Wayne Porter said...

Thanks for the comments. You just gotta keep going...you know? Great work here. I love your style and use of color. Nice work!