Monday, June 15, 2009

Long Update

Alright kids... So I went to Florida. I have been taking an extreme illustration boot camp for 2 weeks now and I have 5 more to go.... It has been really good so far. I have been meeting really inspiring people, learning new tricks and in the process of either adding or eliminating things about my artwork and where I want to be.
For anyone who was following this freaking saga, there was a lot of back and forth of me going, but I am definitely happy that in the end I decided to go. A huge part of me can not wait to go back to California with all of this knowledge and start applying it to my personal work. I do not really have time to finish personal work here, but I am working on sketches for a few different projects so that at least I will have a head start. Part of the Academy is learning to strip yourself and the importance of the process that leads you to your wonderful finished product. I am definitely going to start doing more pre planning before jumping into projects from now on.

SO! Here is my second project that I did. The assignment... Celebrity Portrait. Given by the super talented Anita Kunz I got to hold tracing paper sketches that were in Time and Rolling Stone Magazine. How crazy.


Now... here is Eminem. I drew it out on paper, then vectored it in Illustrator, printed, mounted and then covered in an acrylic/polyurethane mix.

4 comments:

Timb said...

wow - that is fucking amazing! keep up the great work nikki.

so glad you went for the boot camp! :-)

Anonymous said...

Please excuse the random comment...just wondered if you are still working at CME?

Nikol Stein said...

That is random and maybe if you weren't anonymous, I might tell you. Why do you ask?

Tealtraum said...

Ah, sorry about that. I'm just a well meaning fan/supporter of Stargate Worlds and happened on your site/blog through Linkedin.

Some of the shots of (I believe) Lucia on your portfolio are quite stunning. I guess I basically just wanted to know someone talented enough to make them is still working on the game! I do apologise again for the random and anonymous comment as it was wholly inappropriate.