Wednesday, April 15, 2009

excitment!

So this week has been quite productive so far! On Monday I finally got the chance to read through my notebooks and gather all my ideas and thoughts and make an agenda. I work much better with a schedule. Especially if I make it a tight one. I am going to be balancing painting during the day and illustration at night. And whatever free time I have either watching a movie or learning Flash or both. Do you think I am a work-a-holic much? There is really just NOT enough time in the day...

The thing that I am had the most trouble with was trying to figure out the timing for the schedule. Right now everything is a guessing game and I need to adjust according to how fast I work. I have thus far given myself 2 weeks to complete a painting from beginning to end. I do not know where this stands as of yet. I have put 6 hours into compositing, sketching and starting to layout some paint. This is definitely a good place so far to me. I was thinking of posting "in progress" shots, but I don't want people to have their own perception while I am working b/c I feel then it might fall short of what someone imagined. When I have the final piece done, I will then probably add in progress shots after the final image so I can share my process with you. This is going to be a great trip!

As for now, here is a little illustration that I finished this morning.

1 comment:

Norritt said...

that's some balance there!