Thursday, April 9, 2009

new life

so it was quite the adventure moving out to california. I am now residing in Laguna Niguel which is right by the beach! Hooray! I got some good gestures done there. Plus! I saw a seal in the water right on shore!!
This past month has been chaotic with a lot of love and support coming my way, so thank you to all the people that have helped me through this transition. It means a lot. I will be putting pictures of my new place up tomorrow so you can all share the love I have of my new place with me.

Now with that said, I have a painting to put up that I finished in the beginning of March. If you remember, I was working on a piece featuring Derek and his baby. I created a painting that I felt really touched upon the aristocratic side of him. Let me know what you think. It was the first time I was using Pumice and it was awesome and disastorous at the same time. I used it as a main element with I think next time I should paint and then apply it as a detail pass. Putting it on first kept me from fixing problems throughout since all the texture was there. AH, well you live and learn.


1 comment:

Norritt said...

nice paintings
like how you painted the hands